The Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news for everyone who hears it and responds.
The Gospel can basically be summed up in one very simple yet complex Bible verse:“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
The “Gospel” is a message of hope for mankind. It shows us the way that we can know God our creator and how we can receive everlasting or eternal life.
Basically, the Gospel explains how to get to Heaven.
The Holy Bible has 4 books in it which are referred to as the “Gospels”. They are the New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Each of the 4 books contain first-hand, historically correct testimonials about the birth, life, ministry, death and resurrection of the Messiah Jesus.
Who was Jesus?
It’s not just who “WAS” Jesus, but also who “IS” Jesus. This is because Jesus is still alive today.
Sure, Jesus was a person who lived and died approximately 2,000 years ago, but that is just one aspect of His life. Yes, you will notice that I use a capital letter when referring to Him. This is because Jesus was not just a man in history.
Jesus is God’s Son and also God himself. In fact, through Him, all things were created. The Holy Bible teaches that God is the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit.
Back to the Gospel…
Everyone of us sins.
- “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”(John 3:3)
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
- “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”(Romans 3:10)
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”(Romans 3:23)
There is a punishment for sin – A place called Hell.
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”(Romans 6:23)
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”(Romans 5:12)
- “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”(2nd Thessalonians 1:8)
- “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”(Revelation 20:15)
- “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”(Revelation 21:8)
But, there is a way out for sinners!
Jesus gave His life as a sacrifice to atone (pay the price for) our punishment; he paid our fine, the price for our sins by dying on a cruel rugged cross at the hands of the people He created. He shed His life’s blood that we might live.
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”(Romans 5:8)
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”. (John 3:16)
- “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”(1st Timothy 1:15)
- “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ…”(1st Peter 1:18-19)
What this means is that by believing in Jesus Christ ALONE we can be saved; Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in the sacrifice of the Lord JESUS CHRIST!
- “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”(John 11:25)
- “Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”(John 14:6)
- “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one who sees the Son, and believes in him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”(John 6:40)
- “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”(1st Corinthians 3:11)
- “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”(Galatians 3:26)
- “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”(Mark 1:15)
- “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”(Acts 26:18)
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”(Romans 10:13)